1. How long have you lived in District E?
My wife and I bought our house on Hyperion near Lyric in 2001. I was born in Los Feliz at the once Cedars Sinai- of Lebanon on Sunset.
2. How many hours a week can you devote to the work of the Neighborhood Council and its subcommittees?
I’ll do my best to be available always any time any day. I’m self- employed and create my art from home, I’m flexible with time.
3. How many Neighborhood Council meetings have you attended in the last six months?
I’ve been to a few meetings but now that i’m more deeply involved in the process I plan on attending consistently.
4. The Neighborhood Council has a number of areas of interests and concerns. What areas of interest do you plan to become involved in?
My neighborhood interests will be my interests. That’s the whole purpose of this position I believe.
5. How familiar are you with the particular issues, projects, and nuances of your particular District?
I live in my district, I’ve been a home/business owner for almost 20 years here in the Franklin Hills. I’ve seen and been a part of many changes over that period.
6. What issues in your District make you interested in representing it? Why do you think you are qualified to work on these issues?
Traffic, crime, homelessness and the environment. Also the high volume of development are my concerns. My experience in the community, me being a native to the neighborhood, my past success cutting through red tape and getting things done are my strengths.
7. Once elected, you will be representing a specific District. How do you plan to stay in touch with the residents of your District?
District E is close to my heart, this is a special unique area and we need to keep it that way. I will continue to reach out to my neighbors personally (meetings, public events, charity work) and through social media.
8. What activities have you been involved in with the community? (Give examples)
I’m a muralist, artist, father of three, whose children attended Ivanhoe, King and Marshall. The snack-shack that I built and maned for two years is still in operation at Ivanhoe Elementary. I’ve taught art to our youth and have donated numerous works, (‘Walking Man” mural, Jimi Hendrix installation at the Silverlake Conservatory of Music) to our local businesses and I was a part of a team of artist who went into our cities juvenile hall and instructed our young men and women on the power of art.
9. Where do you see yourself in five years?
In five years I see myself working for the community and doing my part in keeping this unique and special neighborhood a place of safety, progress, and what it has been and will keep on as a visionary all-encompassing neighborhood.